Saturday, March 01, 2008

DAP Speech

There was a DAP speech at Poh Kwong Park last night so I kepo go there also. The whole place at the pagoda there was full of people, I don't know where all these people come from. The speeches were held in Mandarin and Hokkien but I did see some Malays and Indians there, not sure what are they doing there unless they understand the language itself.


The first person to give the speech was Violet Yong Wui Wui, DAP's candidate for Pending area.


This is a video clip of her speech. The camera angle wasn't good but it was the best spot I could find. The yellow shirt guy in the clip is Kenny Sia. I saw him walk here and there finding spots to take pictures. At the end of this clip they had some technical problem with the speakers because it was raining so maybe the speakers kena air or something.

After her speech, Voon Lee Shan wasn't here yet so some guy I don't know gave a speech (suppose to be Chong Chieng Jen's assistant or something). Right after that, they played some video clips using Windows Media Player lol.


They had Windows Vista on their laptop O_O. I guess it's a preety damn good laptop.


Kenny Sia taking pictures in the rain under an umbrella for the sake of blogging. Well, I did the same also la but I'm not that famous haha.


This is Voon Lee Shan giving his speech. I switched spot in this clip because my parents were standing there but at least Voon Lee Shan faced this direction once in a while for my sake (perasan XD).


This was taken a few minutes after the first clip. I missed one of his good quote, "If government dares to remove Buddhist or Taoist temples, I, Voon Lee Shan, will fight for you!." By the way, "hut ciao" means Islam in Hokkien I think, I never knew that though.


Regarding the land issue in this clip, it was said that the government took a piece of land from the old lady without compensating her. Nobody dared to help her so Voon Lee Shan stood up for her. My dad said Voon Lee Shan will be imprisoned if he lose in the case and charged for stopping government's development plans (main reason why nobody wanted to help the old lady). My phone ran out of battery at the end of this clip (I forgot to recharge my phone). At the end of his speech, he sang Elvis Presley's The Wonder Of You. He can really sing though, never expected that lol. After that, he came to me and shook hands with me and said "Thank you, vote for me". I gave him Pak Lah's trademark, the Elegant Silence, lol not because I hate DAP or what but I'm not even eligible to vote yet haha. Chong Chieng Jen gave his speech right after that. It was in Mandarin and I don't really understand much also because the mandarin was in the pro league. I liked Voon Lee Shan's speech though, more powaarrr!

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with DAP and this clip was taken on the spot uneditted. I hold no resposibility for what the person in the clip said. I'm a neutral spectator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home